Laser Hair Removal
What is laser hair removal?
Laser hair removal is a cosmetic treatment that uses powerful laser technology to remove unwanted hairs from the body. It targets the pigment in the hair follicle and the energy from the laser heats up the melanin in the hair shaft. The heat then diffuses from the shaft to the bulb and bulge of the hair follicle. Laser hair removal can help achieve effective, long lasting results that simply can’t be replicated with waxing or shaving.
Here at Victoria House Clinic our expert team of Level 4 Qualified Practitioners can help you achieve your desired results with effective, supportive treatments.
What are the benefits?
There are a number of reasons as to why many people are choosing to opt for laser hair removal over traditional at home methods. Here are a few of the reasons as to why laser hair removal is so popular:
Laser Hair Removal Process
At our Birmingham clinic, we exclusively utilise the Candela GentleMax Pro system for laser hair removal. The GentleMax Pro is a medical grade laser from the worlds leading medical aesthetics brand.
The GentleMax Pro is not only the most effective method of hair removal but also the safest. We are able to offer our hair removal service to a wide range of customers as the system is suitable for all skin types ranging from the fairest to the darkest of tones (Skin types 1-6).
For your comfort a cooling system is used alongside the treatment, which can help reduce any pain or discomfort.
How do I know what skin type I am?
Our practitioners have years of experience working with a wide range of different patients, meaning they are skilled to be able to assess what skin type you are and the right setting needed for the laser machine. This is just one of the ways we ensure that your hair removal treatments with us are safe, effective and tailored to you. We’re a CQC registered clinic which means that we have been recognised for providing a safe environment that puts patients first.
If you did want to look into different skin types, then we’ve put together a guide that explains Fitzpatrick skin typing.
Laser Hair Removal For PCOS
PCOS is a condition that affects one in ten women and it’s a hormonal imbalance that occurs when a woman’s ovaries creates excess hormones. There are many symptoms that come with this condition, but one that we are able to help reduce here at Victoria House Clinic is excessive hair growth. Due to the imbalance of hormones women with PCOS can grow hair that replicates that of a male. Our laser hair removal treatments can help reduce hair growth amongst women with PCOS. If you are someone with PCOS that would like to explore your options and regain your confidence then please do get booked in for a consultation and one of our qualified laser specialists will be able to talk you through what to expect & answer any questions you might have. Check out our latest blog post for a further insight into how laser hair removal can help PCOS symptoms.
As part of our commitment to helping people look and feel their best. We would love to offer all women with PCOS 20% off laser hair removal treatments here at Victoria House Clinic. Please do get in touch with a member of our team to discuss further.
Meet Your Practitioners
Sally and Hannah are our laser hair removal specialists here at Victoria House Clinic and between them have years of experience helping patients achieve effective, long lasting results.
Sally has been working with laser technology since 2009 and her passion for lasers led her to gain her qualification in Laser & IPL Training. Hannah has also completed a level 4 in laser light and therapies.
If you would like to start your laser hair removal journey then let’s get you booked in for a free consultation and test patch. This is where you will be able to meet either Sally or Hannah and ask any questions you might have.
Interested in finding out more about our laser hair removal treatments here at Victoria House Clinic?
Tap the video to see a behind the scenes look at one of our treatments in progress.
Warning: the video contains flashing lights which may not be suitable for photosensitive epilepsy.
Before & After Results
Take a look at some fantastic results that have been achieved.
Before & After Results
Take a look at some fantastic results that have been achieved.
We usually recommend treatment intervals to be every 4-6 weeks. Maintenance treatment intervals will be advised by your practitioner.
To achieve the best results, we advise 8-12 sessions.
We advise that the treatment is booked 2 weeks before you go away on a sunny holiday and when you return to book a test patch. This is to make sure we provide the safest treatment for you.
You can shave the area as often as required. You will notice that the number of times you shave will significantly reduce.
Unfortunately, we are unable to perform this treatment over tattoos. We will discuss how close we can treat near to the tattoo during your consultation.
- Long-lasting Results: Unlike temporary methods like shaving or waxing, laser hair removal offers long-term reduction in hair growth. With multiple treatment sessions, some individuals even experience permanent hair reduction in the treated areas.
- Precision and Efficiency: This precisely targets hair follicles without causing damage to the surrounding skin. This ensures efficient treatment, even in larger areas, while minimizing discomfort and downtime.
- Versatility: Laser technology can be adjusted to suit different skin tones and hair colors, making it suitable for a wide range of individuals.
- Reduced Ingrown Hairs: Helping prevent the occurrence of ingrown hairs, a common problem associated with traditional hair removal methods. By targeting the hair follicles, it reduces the chances of hair growing back unevenly or getting trapped beneath the skin’s surface.
- Enhanced Skin Appearance: By eliminating unwanted hair, this treatment can improve the texture and appearance of the skin, leaving it smooth, soft, and more evenly toned.
During a treament session, several steps are followed to ensure a safe and effective treatment:
- Consultation: The process begins with a thorough consultation with a trained and experienced professional. They will assess your skin type, hair color, and medical history to determine your eligibility for the procedure.
- Preparation: Before the treatment, the targeted area is shaved to remove any hair above the skin’s surface. Avoid waxing, plucking, or using depilatory creams, as they remove the hair shaft needed for laser targeting.
- Protective Measures: Both the patient and the technician wear protective eyewear to shield their eyes from the laser light during the treatment.
- Laser Application: The technician directs the laser device over the treatment area, emitting controlled pulses of laser light. The sensation experienced during treatment varies from person to person, ranging from a mild prickling sensation to a gentle rubber band snap.
- Post-Treatment Care: After the session, a cooling gel or lotion may be applied to soothe the treated area. It’s important to follow the technician’s instructions regarding post-treatment care, which may include avoiding sun exposure, using gentle skincare products, and keeping the area clean and moisturised.
Laser hair removal is considered a safe procedure when performed by trained professionals using approved devices. However, it’s important to understand the potential risks and safety considerations associated with the treatment:
Qualified Professionals: To ensure safety and optimal results, it’s crucial to choose a reputable clinic or medical facility with experienced and certified technicians. Trained professionals will assess your skin type, hair color, and medical history to determine the most suitable treatment parameters.
Skin Sensitivity and Potential Side Effects: While this treament is generally safe, some individuals may experience mild side effects. These can include temporary redness, mild swelling, or slight discomfort during or after treatment. These effects typically subside within a few hours to a few days. Rarely, more serious side effects like burns, blisters, or changes in skin pigmentation may occur. However, these are uncommon and are usually associated with improper treatment techniques or inadequate post-treatment care.
Safety Measures during Treatment: Both the technician and the patient wear protective eyewear to shield their eyes from the laser light. The technician carefully adjusts the laser parameters according to your skin type and hair color to ensure safe and effective treatment. Cooling devices, such as cooling gels or sprays, are often used to minimize discomfort and protect the skin.
Precautions and Considerations: It’s crucial to disclose any medical conditions, skin sensitivities, or allergies to the technician before the treatment. Certain medications, such as photosensitizing drugs, may increase the risk of adverse reactions, so it’s important to inform your technician about any medications you are currently taking.
Long-Term Safety: Long-term studies on the safety of this treatment have shown that the procedure does not have any significant long-term health risks. However, individual experiences may vary, and it’s important to follow post-treatment care instructions to minimize any potential side effects.
This is generally a safe and effective procedure for achieving long-lasting hair reduction. When performed by qualified professionals using approved devices, the risks and side effects associated with the treatment are minimal. By considering factors such our Birmingham clinic’s reputation, the technician’s expertise, and your own medical history, you can ensure a safe and satisfactory laser hair removal experience. Remember to follow all pre- and post-treatment instructions by our technician to maximize safety and optimize results. Say goodbye to the hassles of temporary hair removal methods and embrace the convenience and confidence that laser hair removal offers.
Our Birmingham Clinic for laser hair removal treatment is a versatile and effective procedure that can be performed on various areas of the body to achieve long-lasting hair reduction. In this comprehensive guide, we will explore the different areas where laser hair removal can be applied, discussing their specific considerations, benefits, and expected results. Whether you’re interested in removing unwanted hair from larger body areas or targeting more delicate regions, this article will provide you with valuable insights to help you make informed decisions about laser hair removal in Birmingham.
I. Common Areas for Laser Treatment:
- Face and Neck: Effectively target and reduce hair on the upper lip, chin, cheeks, sideburns, and neck. It is especially popular for managing unwanted facial hair in women.
- Underarms: An excellent option for achieving long-lasting smoothness in the underarm area, reducing the need for frequent shaving or waxing.
- Arms: Both the forearms and upper arms can be treated with laser hair removal. This is beneficial for individuals who desire hair reduction or elimination due to aesthetic preferences or excess hair growth.
- Legs: Legs are a popular choice, providing smooth, hair-free results. It can be applied to the entire leg, including the thighs, lower legs, and knees.
- Bikini Area: In the bikini area helps achieve a cleaner, more defined bikini line. It can be customized to suit individual preferences, ranging from a basic bikini line to a Brazilian or Hollywood-style treatment.
- Back and Chest: For men, on the back and chest is an effective method for reducing unwanted hair growth, providing a smoother and more groomed appearance.
II. Specialized Areas:
- Abdomen: The abdomen is common for both men and women. It helps achieve a hair-free or reduced hair growth look in this area.
- Hands and Feet: On the hands and feet targets unwanted hair on the fingers, toes, and the top or bottom of the feet, providing a more polished appearance.
- Buttocks: On the buttocks can help reduce unwanted hair growth and provide a smoother, more comfortable feel.
- Shoulders: For individuals with excess hair on the shoulders, laser hair removal can help achieve a cleaner, more defined look.
- Ears: Laser hair removal can effectively treat unwanted hair growth on the outer ears, providing a neater appearance.
- Nape of the Neck: For individuals with hair growth extending to the nape of the neck, laser hair removal can provide a clean, well-defined hairline.
III. Delicate Areas:
- Upper Lip and Chin: Commonly performed on the upper lip and chin to achieve smoothness and eliminate the need for constant hair removal.
- Eyebrows: Treatment around the eyebrows helps shape and define the brow line, reducing the need for frequent plucking or waxing.
- Ears: Unwanted hair on the outer ear can be effectively treated with laser hair removal, resulting in a more groomed appearance.
- Nipples: On the nipples is often sought by both men and women to eliminate unwanted hair growth in this area.
- Intimate Areas: Intimate areas, such as the pubic region, is a popular choice for both aesthetic and practical reasons. It can be customized to suit personal preferences and achieve the desired level of hair reduction.
- Between the Brows: Effectively target the area between the eyebrows, helping individuals achieve a cleaner, more defined brow shape.
IV. Factors to Consider: Before undergoing laser hair removal on any area of the body, it’s essential to consider the following factors:
- Skin Type and Hair Color: Laser hair removal works best on individuals with light skin and dark, coarse hair. However, advancements in technology have made it possible to treat a wider range of skin tones and hair colors. It is important to consult with a qualified professional to determine the most suitable treatment for your unique characteristics.
- Treatment Sessions: Achieving optimal results typically requires multiple laser hair removal sessions, spaced several weeks apart. The number of sessions can vary depending on individual factors, including hair type, color, and the desired level of hair reduction.
- Sensitivity and Pain Tolerance: Different areas of the body may have varying levels of sensitivity and pain tolerance. Discuss your comfort levels with the technician to ensure the treatment can be adjusted accordingly.
- Potential Side Effects: While laser hair removal is generally safe, temporary side effects such as redness, mild swelling, or slight discomfort may occur. These effects typically subside within a few hours to a few days. Serious side effects are rare and are often associated with improper treatment techniques or inadequate post-treatment care.
- Post-Treatment Care: Following proper aftercare instructions, such as avoiding sun exposure, using gentle skincare products, and keeping the treated area clean and moisturized, is crucial for optimizing results and minimizing potential side effects.
Laser hair removal is a versatile procedure that can be performed on various areas of the body, catering to individual preferences and needs. Whether you desire smooth legs, a hair-free bikini line, or a cleaner facial appearance, laser hair removal offers a long-lasting solution. By considering factors such as skin type, hair color, and individual sensitivities, you can undergo laser hair removal with confidence. Consult with a qualified professional to determine the best approach for your desired areas of treatment, and enjoy the convenience and confidence of smooth, hair-free skin. Feel free to call our Birmingham clinic for more information about our hair removal treatment
At Victoria House Clinic Birmingham Sutton Coldfield we are always happy to answer any questions or concerns you may have before having our laser hair removal treatment. Feel free to get in touch by either filling out the form below or by calling us on 0121 289 5777